Saturday, March 2, 2013

Confidence, Attitude, and Health.

Yesterday and Thursday I was shooting photos for an event called "Project Inception." A good friend contacted me about it telling me how they needed a student photographer. I contacted them and got it right away. I knew this would be great exposure for me but I didn't realize just how much! It was quite the experience. I have also been writing in a little journal every night all of the things I'm thankful for that day, sometimes it's big things, the little things, or things about myself I'm thankful for. I realized just how important these few things are to have being in the field I am. 

One. My confidence.
This is probably the biggest thing for me. 
Thursday morning at the event I was a little worried that I would be a distraction up in the front moving around a lot while others were trying to pay attention to the speaker. I asked someone if I was being a distraction and they told me I was doing a great job. He also told me that he coaches a little league team and to think like the pitcher. Don't worry about all of the other distractions around you and do what you know is right and go with your gut. I don't know anything about baseball, but I connected with it alright. After I found my confidence my photographs ended up a lot stronger. 

Two. My positive attitude. 
It was a wonderful thing to have someone approach me and say "You just seem so fun and sweet! Do you have a business card?" 

Three. A healthy body
I always wonder how people can shoot events while being out of shape. Because really, it takes so much energy and leg strength! I woke up yesterday morning with my leg muscles just yelling "Ah!" because of all of the crouching and running around I did the previous day. I guess it was a good sign though that I was doing my job and working hard.

"BE SO GOOD THEY CAN'T IGNORE YOU."
-Steve Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love.