Thursday, February 21, 2013

Holga Holga.

I've become in love with my holga.
A Holga is a medium format 120 film plastic toy camera. (A toy!)
I remember I wanted a Holga for so long & finally had a reason to get one. One of my projects was to do a a series of 3 11x14 darkroom prints using a 4x5 or holga, since I was using a 4x5 all term. I most definitly went with a holga. My entire class got the same holga, a black 120. So I knew I had to put some creative touches to mine by adding some color. 
I've ended up using this for multiple projects and even won a red ribbon at the county fair with one of my photos. I think it's something I've found a strength in & something I really enjoy. 

I have a two rolls of film that I still need to develop. One color and the other black and white.
I don't know how much I like using color with my holga yet. I think I really enjoy black and white because I can develop it myself & there's not too much saturated color.
I'm entering in a couple art shows soon and think I will enter some holga images, that way I can make larger prints of them in the darkroom.
My Mister Holga. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love.